Wednesday 13 June 2012

NHS Frenchay Hospital 13/06/12


On the third day in Frenchay Hospital, in the Hand Centre, I was able to observe more of the same rehabilitation techniques which enabled me to pick up the smaller and more intricate details about fractures, mallet injuries, dislocations, tendon and ligament damages, and many more injuries. Due to a broader range in my understanding I could then predict the possible treatments to the injuries of various different patients. I observed a general clinic in the hand centre in the morning from 9am-12:30pm. I then went to the trauma clinic in the afternoon from 1pm-4pm.
My favourite part of the 3rd day of my placement was observing the work in the trauma clinic because the injuries there are much more recent and therefore generally more severe and the treatment required is more immediate. This meant that I saw a variation of types of splints they were using for hand injuries, and how to mould and fit them.

No comments:

Post a Comment